Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Recommended Posts

  • கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

A Sri Lankan national who sexually assaulted a Christchurch woman while she slept will be deported as soon as he becomes eligible for parole.

Arumadura Manoj Krishnan Dayachandra De Silva, better known as Krishnan, was sentenced to two years and eight months’ imprisonment on a charge of sexual violation by unlawful sexual connection by the Christchurch District Court on Friday.

The 30-year-old was already in custody for fraud offences committed after the sexual violation incident. His latest sentence will be added to the nine months he is already serving in jail.

De Silva, who has been living in New Zealand since 2014, went out drinking with friends on the evening of November 10, 2018. The group returned to a flat about 11.30pm and the drinking continued into the early hours.

The victim said after her boyfriend passed out on the couch, she kept drinking with De Silva and another man. She was heavily intoxicated when she later went to her boyfriend’s room and fell asleep on his bed.

She woke up some time later and became aware that someone was performing oral sex on her. She started kissing the man thinking it was her boyfriend, but then realised it was not him.

When she got up and turned on the light, she saw the person in bed with her was De Silva.

During the trial, De Silva claimed the sexual encounter had been consensual and her level of intoxication was the only reason she could not remember giving her consent. This version of events was rejected by the majority of the jury.

Judge Tom Gilbert said the incident had a significant impact on the victim, and she was still suffering from the trauma of it 21 months later. She had to take a lot of time off work, and her sleep, mental health and relationships with other people were also affected.

Judge Gilbert said the victim was in a very vulnerable position when De Silva sexually assaulted her. He not only breached her trust, but also the trust of her boyfriend, who he had been friends with at the time.

In October last year De Silva pleaded guilty to 17 charges of using forged documents, and one charge of theft. The offending happened in June and July in Christchurch, Kaiapoi, Rangiora, and Ashburton, and involved several instances during which De Silva purchased goods with forged banknotes.

De Silva claimed he had been under pressure from gang members or associates to commit the offences, but the sentencing judge was not convinced of his claims.

De Silva has already been served with a deportation notice and will be deported as soon as he becomes eligible for parole and a flight to Sri Lanka is available. (stuff.co.nz)

http://www.dailymirror.lk/breaking_news/Lankan-to-be-deported-after-sexually-assaulting-New-Zealand-woman/108-193842

  • நிமல் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 12:32 பிற்பகல்

    தயவுசெய்து எங்கள் பையனை சுமார் 5 வருடங்கள் சமூக தூரத்துடன் தனிமைப்படுத்தி பின்னர் அவரை இங்கு அனுப்புங்கள். அவருக்கான மீதமுள்ள தனிமைப்படுத்தலை இங்கே செய்வோம். சம்பந்தப்பட்ட NZ பெண்மணியிடம் நாங்கள் இலங்கையர்கள் மன்னிப்பு கேட்கிறோம்.

    பதில்

    சனத் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 12:38 பிற்பகல்

    அவர் நியூசிலாந்தின் குடிமகனாக இருந்தால் அவரை இலங்கைக்கு நாடு கடத்த முடியாது.

    பதில்

    டீன் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 12:46 பிற்பகல்

    அவரை இங்கு அனுப்ப வேண்டாம் நாங்கள் ஒரு குற்றவாளி ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளும் நாடு அல்ல, வெளிப்படையாக அவர் புகலிடம் கோரி நிராகரித்திருப்பார், ஆனால் நியூசிலாந்தில் தங்க அனுமதிக்கப்பட்டிருப்பார் .அதனால் அந்த குப்பைகளை அவர் உங்களுடன் வைத்திருங்கள்

    பதில்

    செல்வரத்னம் வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 12:46 பிற்பகல்

    ஹா, ஹா, ஹாஆஆ சில்வா

    பதில்

    GHarry வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 12:58 பிற்பகல்

    சராசரி பையன். இலங்கையர் என்ற வகையில், இந்த அருமையான நாட்டிற்கு இதுபோன்ற மோசமான அத்தியாயம் நமக்கு ஒருபோதும் தேவையில்லை. தயவுசெய்து, இந்த நபரை DEATH க்கு தொங்க விடுங்கள்.

    பதில்

    june macapagal வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 01:34 பிற்பகல்

    அவருக்கு 2 ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பதிலாக ஆயுள் தண்டனை விதிக்கப்பட வேண்டும்.

    பதில்

    ராணா வெள்ளிக்கிழமை, 14 ஆகஸ்ட் 2020 01:57 பிற்பகல்

    மீண்டும் வருக சகோதரரே ... இங்கே நீங்கள் 6 மாத குழந்தைகளை கூட பாலியல் பலாத்காரம் செய்யலாம் 

    பதில்

இதுதான் சிங்களவர்கள் உலகம் .

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

இது ஒரு சிறி லிங்கன் சிங்கள பிரச்சினை.  இங்கும் ஒரு நகரில் பல்கலை ஊடாக குடிபுகுந்து செய்தியில் அடிக்கடி வருவார்கள்.  எல்லாம் சிங்கள பெயர்கள்.  அவர்கள் சிறி லங்காவில் சுற்றுலா ரசிய காரிகளுடன் விடும் சேட்டைகளை வெளிநாட்டிலும் செய்கிறார்கள்.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love கருத்துக்களம்? Tell a friend!
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • நீங்கள் நகைசுவைக்காக சொன்னதாகவே நம்புகிறேன்.
    • அதிசயம் ஆனால் உண்மை. எனக்கும் மருதருக்கும் கருத்து ஒற்றுமை!!!🤣 சரியான தடுப்பூசி கிடைக்கும் வரை 10-15% பொருளாதாரத்தை பலியிட்டு, நியூசிலாந்து செய்ததை போல செய்திருந்தால் உள்ளூர் பொருளாதாரமாவது தப்பி இருக்கும். இப்போ 100% பொருளாதாரமும் ஆட்டம் காணுகிறது. யூகேயில் யூலை மாதம் தொற்று குறைந்த கையோடு அரசே வெளிநாட்டு ஹொலிடேக்களை ஊக்குவிக்கும் விதத்தில் நடந்தது.  மக்களும் செம்மறிகள் போல ஒரு வருடம் கொலிடே போகாட்டில் ஏதோ சாமி குற்றம் போல அள்ளுபட்டு ஸ்பெயின், பிரான்ஸ் எண்டு போனது. போய் வந்த கோஸ்டி கொரோனாவோட வந்து நல்லா பரப்பி விட்டது. மொக்குச் சனங்கள், அதை வென்ற மொக்கு அரசாங்கம். இவங்கள் எப்படி உலகை வென்றார்கள் என்பதுதான் தெரியவில்லை. 🤣 ஓவர் டு யூ பாஞ்ச், சிறி, கு சா அண்ணைமார் 🤣
    • US squeezes China's biggest chip-maker SMIC 3 hours ago By Leo Kelion Technology desk editor SMIC/Getty Images The US Department of Commerce has written to American suppliers of China's biggest chip manufacturer, warning them of "unprecedented risks" that their products could be used by the Chinese military. The letter reminds the firms they must apply for licences to ship controlled items to Shanghai-based SMIC. But it does not appear that Washington has decided whether or not to add the firm to a trade blacklist. SMIC has denied any military links. And it said it had not received any formal notice of new restrictions from the US. But the latest action caused Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation's shares to drop about 7% in Hong Kong trade.  The fall followed a steeper decline earlier this month when the Pentagon first revealed it had proposed tougher restrictions against the business, including adding it to the government's Entity List.  That would prevent any company selling goods or services to SMIC that involved US intellectual property without first getting special permission. Such a step has already been taken against SMIC's biggest client - Huawei - which has caused major disruption to the telecoms kit-maker's business. Chinese state media had previously reported that SMIC was among many companies that had requested a US licence to continue supplying Huawei. But one industry analyst suggested the latest move indicated the US was increasingly focused on SMIC itself. "Denial of US semiconductor manufacturing equipment would put SMIC at a severe disadvantage, because most of that technology comes from American sources," explained Jim Tully. "China could aim to become self-sufficient in these technologies over the longer term, but it seems to me that it would take 10-plus years to do so. "And in the short term, the equipment and related software SMIC already uses still needs ongoing support and maintenance from its producers." This has led to speculation that SMIC's survival may now be at stake.   Blocked sale   SMIC was founded in 2000, and has since become the most prominent chip-making foundry in mainland China. Until recently, it was viewed as being a beneficiary of rising US-China tension because it was expected to benefit from Beijing's drive to make the country's tech sector self-sufficient. The firm has raised close to $10bn (£7.7bn) this year via a share sale and other means to expand its operations. In addition to Huawei, SMIC's clients include lesser-known Chinese chip designers including Gigadevice and Unisoc, as well as international companies including Qualcomm and Broadcom. However, its most advanced products are said to lag two generations behind what rival manufacturers - including Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and South Korea's Samsung - are capable of, because SMIC cannot currently make transistors as small as they can. This means its products are not suitable to be the state-of-the-art processors in the latest smartphones or other advanced gadgets. The reason for this is in part due to existing restrictions Washington has imposed on the firm. At present, the only way to make the most advanced logic chips is to use equipment made by a Dutch company, ASML. Getty Images ASML is the largest supplier of lithography semiconductor manufacturing machines SMIC ordered a $150m lithography machine - which uses lasers focused by giant mirrors to print miniscule patterns on silicon - from ASML in 2018. But Reuters reported the White House convinced the Dutch government to block the export on security grounds. A spokesman for ASML declined to comment when asked by the BBC whether the deal was still in limbo. Adding SMIC to the US Entity List would prevent the Chinese firm sourcing hardware, software and chemical materials from other suppliers. For now, the company is hoping to avoid that outcome by clearly denying it supplies products to the People's Liberation Army. "Any assumption of the company's ties with the Chinese military are untrue statements and false accusations," it has said. But this has been called into question by others. One Chinese state-owned newspaper has claimed the case illustrates the need for a "new long march" in order to "control all research and production chains of the semiconductor industry". Bloomberg has reported that Beijing plans to unveil new policies to support the sector in October.
    • Nigeria's Boko Haram crisis: 'Bomb on donkey' used to ambush Borno governor 1 hour ago   Getty Images Governor Zulum was returning from Baga town where he had accompanied hundreds of displaced residents returning to their homes Militants linked to the Islamic State group (IS) have used a donkey strapped with explosives to ambush the convoy of the governor of Nigeria's north-eastern Borno state. Governor Babagana Zulum was returning to the state capital, Maiduguri, from Baga town when they were ambushed. Sunday's attack came two days after he had survived another attack while travelling to an area near Lake Chad. At least 18 people were killed in that ambush.  Among them were 14 police officers and soldiers and four civilians. BBC Africa Live: Latest updates from the continent Who are Boko Haram? Islamic State West Africa Province (Iswap) militants, who were behind the attack, split from Boko Haram, an Islamist group that launched its insurgency in north-eastern Nigeria a decade ago.  The group's campaign of violence has spread to neighbouring countries, killing more than 30,000 people and forcing two million from their homes, according to the UN.   What happened in Sunday's attack?    Governor Zulum was returning from Baga where he had accompanied hundreds of residents who returned to the town they fled in 2014 following deadly jihadist attacks.  When soldiers saw the donkey on the road, they shot at it. Explosives then went off and the militants immediately came out from their hide-out to open fire on the convoy, an official who was in one of the vehicles in Governor Zulum's convoy told the BBC.  A number of insurgents were killed in the ensuing shoot-out. No-one in the convoy - including the governor - was injured but some vehicles were damaged by bullets, the official said. Governor Zulum said last week that feeding people displaced by violence in the state was not financially sustainable, insisting that the only option was for them to return and rebuild their homes in order to live a "dignified" life, news agency AFP reports. Aid agencies have, however, expressed worry about the people's security.  Despite regional efforts to end Boko Haram's campaign of violence, the group has stepped up its attacks in recent months. Boko Haram’s decade of terror explained The New York Times alleges years of tax avoidance, a claim President Donald Trump calls “fake news”.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.