உலகத் தமிழினத்தின் நன்மதிப்பைப் பெற்ற மேரி கொல்வின் படுகொலை!

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

colvin-150x150.jpg

உலகத் தமிழர்களின் நன்மதிப்பைப் பெற்ற ஊடகவியலாளர் மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையார் சிரியப் படைகளின் எறிகணை வீச்சில் பலியாகியுள்ளார்.பிரித்தானிய சண்டே ரைமஸ் வார இதழின் பத்தி எழுத்தாளரும், செய்தியாளருமான மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையார், சிரிய கிளர்ச்சியாளர்களின் கட்டுப்பாட்டில் உள்ள ஹோம்ஸ் நகரில் தங்கியிருந்த பொழுது அவரது வீட்டின் மீது அரச படைகளின் பத்துக்கும் அதிகமான எறிகணைகள் வீழ்ந்து வெடித்ததில் உயிரிழந்துள்ளார்.

இதன்பொழுது அதே வீட்டில் தங்கியிருந்த பிறிதொரு ஊடகவியலாளரான பிரெஞ்சு நிழற்படவியலாளர் ரெமி ஒச்லிக் அவர்களும் பலியாகியுள்ளார்.

யுத்த களமுனைகளுக்கு துணிச்சலுடன் பயணம் செய்து வெளியுலகிற்கு செய்திகளை வெளிக்கொணர்ந்து வந்த மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையார், 2001ஆம் ஆண்டின் இறுதியில் வன்னிக்கு இரகசியமாகப் பயணம் செய்து தமிழீழ அரசியல்துறைப் பொறுப்பாளர் பிரிகேடியர் சு.ப.தமிழ்ச்செல்வன் அவர்களை செவ்வி கண்டு விட்டு வவுனியா முன்னரங்கப் பகுதிகள் ஊடாக தெற்கு நோக்கி நுழைய முற்பட்ட பொழுது சிங்களப் படைகளின் துப்பாக்கிச் சூட்டில் தனது ஒரு கண்ணை இழந்தார்.

முன்னணி ஊடகவியலாளர் என்ற வகையில் பல்வேறு உலகத் தலைவர்களுடன் நேரடித் தொடர்பைக் கொண்டிருந்த பொழுதும் ஈழத்தமிழர்களுக்காக தொடர்ந்தும் துணிச்சலுடன் குரல் கொடுத்து வந்த மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையாருடன் நல்லுறவைத் தமிழீழ விடுதலைப் புலிகளின் தலைமையும் பேணி வந்தது.

நான்காம் கட்ட ஈழப்போரின் இறுதி நாட்களில் மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையாருடன் தொலைபேசியில் தொடர்பு கொண்ட தமிழீழ அரசியல்துறைப் பொறுப்பாளர் பா.நடேசன் அவர்கள், சிங்களப் படைகளின் இனவழிப்பு யுத்தத்தில் இருந்து வன்னி மக்களை பாதுகாப்பதற்கு அமெரிக்க அதிபரினதும், பிரித்தானியப் பிரதமரினதும் உதவியைப் பெற்றுக் கொடுக்குமாறு இவரிடம் வேண்டுகோள் விடுத்திருந்தார்.

இதன் பின்னர் 2009 மே 17ஆம் நாள் இரவு இறுதியாக மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையாருடன் தொடர்பு கொண்ட பா.நடேசன் அவர்கள், மக்களை பாதுகாக்கும் நிமித்தம் நிராயுதபாணியாக வெள்ளைக் கொடியுடன் சிங்களப் படைகளின் முன்னரங்க நிலைகளை நோக்கித் தான் செல்ல இருப்பதை தெரிவித்ததோடு, தன்னுடன் கூடச்செல்லவிருக்கும் நிராயுதபாணிகளான காயமடைந்த ஏனைய போராளிகளினதும், மக்களினதும் பாதுகாப்பிற்கு மேற்குலகின் உத்தரவாதத்தைப் பெற்றுக் கொடுக்குமாறு கோரியிருந்தார்.

பா.நடேசன் அவர்களை சிங்களப் படைகள் படுகொலை செய்த போர்க்குற்றத்திற்கான சாட்சிகளில் ஒருவராக விளங்கிய மேரி கொல்வின் அம்மையார் சிரியாவில் படுகொலை செய்யப்பட்ட செய்தி உலகத் தமிழர்களின் இதயத்தில் இடியாக வீழ்ந்துள்ளது.

அம்மையாரின் மறைவுக்கு சங்கதி இணையம் தனது ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கலைத் தெரிவித்துக் கொள்ளும் அதேவேளை, அவரது குடும்பத்தினதும், உலகத் தமிழர்களினதும் துயரத்தில் இணைந்து கொள்கின்றது.

http://www.tamilthai...newsite/?p=5277

ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

விடுதலைப்புலிகள் (நடேசன் அண்ணா) உடன் இறுதிவரை தொடர்புகளை கொண்டும் எமது போராட்டத்தின் நியாயத்தை உலகிற்கு கூறியும் வந்த உலகளவில் நன்மதிப்பு பெற்ற ஒரு சண்டைக்கள ஊடகவியலாளர் இந்த அம்மையார்.

விடுதலைக்காக போராடும் இனங்கள் ஒரு துணிச்சல் மிக்க ஊடகவியலாளரை இழந்து நிற்கின்றது.

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள்..!

இலங்கையில் கண்ணிழந்தவர்

சண்டே டைம்ஸ் பத்திரிகையின் புகழ்பெற்ற வெளிநாட்டு செய்தியாளரான மேரி கால்வின் அமெரிக்காவில் பிறந்தவர். பல ஆண்டுகளாக லண்டனில் வசித்து வந்தார்.

உலகின் மோதல் நடக்கும் பிரதேசங்களில் அவர் இதற்கு முன்னரும் செய்திசேகரிப்பில் ஈடுபட்டிருந்தார். கொசோவோ, செசென்யா மற்றும் பல அரபு நாடுகளிலும் அவர் செய்தி செகரிப்பில் ஈடுபட்டிருந்தார்.

2001 ஆம் ஆண்டு இலங்கையின் விடுதலைப்புலிகளின் கட்டுப்பாட்டு பிரதேசங்களில் இருந்து அவர் செய்தி சேகரித்தபோது அவருக்கு ஏற்பட்ட காயத்தில் அவர் தனது ஒரு கண்ணை இழந்தார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/global/2012/02/120222_mariecolvin.shtml

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

சிங்கள இனவாத அரசின் இனப்படுகொலகளுக்குச் சாட்சியாக இருந்த

ஒருவரை இழந்தது ஈழத் தமிழர்களின் அடுத்த கட்ட நகர்வுக்குப்

பேரிழப்பு

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள்

IT was a desperate last phone call but it did not sound like a man who would be dead within hours. Balasingham Nadesan, political leader of the Tamil Tigers, had nowhere to turn, it seemed. “We are putting down our arms,” he told me late last Sunday night by satellite phone from the tiny slip of jungle and beach on the northeast coast of Sri Lanka where the Tigers had been making their last stand. I could hear machinegun fire in the background as he continued coolly: “We are looking for a guarantee of security from the Obama administration and the British government. Is there a guarantee of security?”

He was well aware that surrendering to the victorious Sri Lankan army would be the most dangerous moment in the 26-year civil war between the Tigers and Sri Lanka’s Sinhalese majority.

I had known Nadesan and Seevaratnam Puleedevan, the head of the Tigers’ peace secretariat, since being smuggled into rebel territory eight years ago.

At that time the Tigers controlled a third of the island; now these two men were trying to save the lives of the remaining 300 fighters and their families, many of them injured. Tens of thousands of Tamil civilians were trapped with them, hiding in hand-dug trenches, enduring near constant bombardment.

mw145766.jpg

Marie Colvin

For several days I had been the intermediary between the Tiger leadership and the United Nations as the army pressed in on the last enclave at the end of a successful military campaign to defeat the rebellion.

Nadesan had asked me to relay three points to the UN: they would lay down their arms, they wanted a guarantee of safety from the Americans or British, and they wanted an assurance that the Sri Lankan government would agree to a political process that would guarantee the rights of the Tamil minority.

Through highly placed British and American officials I had established contact with the UN special envoy in Colombo, Vijay Nambiar, chief of staff to Ban Ki-moon, the secretary-general. I had passed on the Tigers’ conditions for surrender, which he had said he would relay to the Sri Lankan government.

The conflict seemed set for a peaceful outcome. Puleedevan, a jolly, bespectacled figure, found time to text me a smiling photo of himself in a bunker.

By last Sunday night, however, as the army pressed in, there were no more political demands from the Tigers and no more photos. Nadesan refused to use the word “surrender” when he called me, but that is what he intended to do. He wanted Nambiar to be present to guarantee the Tigers’ safety.

Once more, the UN 24-hour control centre in New York patched me through to Nambiar in Colombo, where it was 5.30am on Monday. I woke him up.

I told him the Tigers had laid down their arms. He said he had been assured by Mahinda Rajapaksa, the Sri Lankan president, that Nadesan and Puleedevan would be safe in surrendering. All they had to do was “hoist a white flag high”, he said.

I asked Nambiar if he should not go north to witness the surrender. He said no, that would not be necessary: the president’s assurances were enough.

It was still late Sunday night in London. I tried to get through to Nadesan’s satellite phone but failed, so I called a Tigers contact in South Africa to relay Nambiar’s message: wave a white flag high.

I was woken at 5am by a phone call from another Tigers contact in southeast Asia. He had been unable to get through to Nadesan. “I think it’s all over,” he said. “I think they’re all dead.”

That evening, the Sri Lankan army displayed their bodies. What had gone wrong with the surrender? I would soon find out.

I discovered that on Sunday night Nadesan had also called Rohan Chandra Nehru, a Tamil MP in the Sri Lankan parliament, who immediately contacted Rajapaksa.

The MP recounted the events of the next hours: “The president himself told me he would give full security to Nadesan and his family. Nadesan said he had 300 people with him, some injured.

“I said to the president, ‘I will go and take their surrender.’

“Rajapaksa said, ‘No, our army is very generous and very disciplined. There is no need for you to go to a warzone. You don’t need to put your life at risk’.”

Chandra Nehru said Basil, the president’s brother, called him. “He said, ‘They will be safe. They have to hoist a white flag.’ And he gave me the route they should follow.”

The MP got through to Nadesan at about 6.20am local time on Monday. The sound of gunfire was louder than ever.

“We are ready,” Nadesan told him. “I’m going to walk out and hoist the white flag.”

“I told him: ‘Hoist it high, brother – they need to see it. I will see you in the evening’,” said Chandra Nehru.

A Tamil who was in a group that managed to escape the killing zone described what happened. This source, who later spoke to an aid worker, said Nadesan and Puleedevan walked towards Sri Lankan army lines with a white flag in a group of about a dozen men and women. He said the army started firing machineguns at them.

Nadesan’s wife, a Sinhalese, yelled in Sinhala at the soldiers: “He is trying to surrender and you are shooting him.” She was also shot down.

The source said all in the group were killed. He is now in hiding, fearful for his life. Chandra Nehru has fled the country after being threatened, the MP says, by the president and his brother.

Over the past few days, Nambiar’s role as UN envoy has come into question. His brother, Satish, has been a paid consultant to the Sri Lankan army since 2002. Satish once wrote that General Sarath Fonseka, commander of the Sri Lankan armed forces, “displayed the qualities of a great military leader”.

Although the Tamil Tigers are internationally banned because of past acts of terrorism, including suicide bombings, Nadesan and Puleedevan favoured a political solution to the conflict. Had they lived, they would have been credible political leaders for the Tamil minority.

It was Velupillai Prabhakaran, their commander, who built the movement into a military machine. He was paranoid and ruthless, and he remained committed to military means even as the Tamil Tigers lost ground in the face of the Sri Lankan army onslaught.

Last week, although rumours circulated that Prabhakaran had survived, the organisation was in disarray. Surviving Tamil leaders spoke of turning to a political process, while more militant representatives threatened revenge attacks.

I am in a difficult position as a journalist reporting this story. I first went to Sri Lanka in 2001 to investigate reports that the government was blocking food and medical supplies to half a million Tamils. Journalists had been largely banned from the northern Tamil area for six years.

I found people living in squalor and doctors pleading for medicine. Leaders such as Nadesan and Puleedevan told me they had reduced their demands from independence to autonomy within Sri Lanka.

As I was being smuggled out of the area at night, we were ambushed by the Sri Lankan army. I was unhurt until I shouted, “Journalist, journalist.” Then they fired an RPG at me, severely wounding me.

After intermittent contact with the Tamils since then, I had a series of phone calls from the leadership in recent months as the Tigers fell back in the face of the army’s new offensive. In one call, Nadesan said the Tigers would abide by the result of any referendum and begged for a ceasefire. His plea was rejected by Colombo.

There was dancing on the capital’s streets last week after the defeat of the Tigers. Victory has come, however, at a shocking cost to Tamil civilians. The United Nations says that at least 7,000 died in the last onslaught, although the toll is believed to be much higher. Some 280,000 who had been trapped by the fighting have been herded into “welfare” camps surrounded by razor wire where conditions are said to be deteriorating fast.

Yesterday international aid agencies claimed up to three families were crowding into each tent and being forced to queue for hours for water and food. One aid worker said there was only one doctor in a camp holding 44,000 people.

Refugees reached by The Sunday Times through aid organisations vented their fury. “Look at how we live,” said one woman in a camp with her two children. “We have no space, no protection from the sun. We are prisoners with armed guards and barbed wire. What do they think I will do – a mother and her two children? Why are we here?”

Reports were circulating that members of paramilitary gangs were seizing young people from the camps, accusing them of being Tigers and holding them in secret facilities, although this could not be confirmed.

The president has talked of reaching out to the Tamil community, unifying the country and resettling 80% of the refugees by the end of the year.

“I do not think that is realistic,” said Anna Neistat, of Human Rights Watch. “There is no procedure to release anyone.”

Whatever the declared intentions of the government, there seems to be little prospect of uniting Sri Lanka in the foreseeable future unless the Tamil grievances that enabled the Tigers to flourish are dealt with.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6350563.ece

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள்...

இன்றைய காலகட்டத்தில் அம்மையாரின் இழப்பு தமிழ் மக்களுக்கு இன்னொரு பேரிழப்பாகும்.

விடுதலைக்காக போராடும் இனங்கள் ஒரு துணிச்சல் மிக்க ஊடகவியலாளரை இழந்து நிற்கின்றது.

உண்மை தான். அவரது துணிச்சல் மிகவும் போற்றப்படவேண்டியது.

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

உலகம் இன்று ஒரு சிறந்த ஊடகவியளாளரை இழந்துள்ளது .

ஈழ தமிழ் இனம் ஒரு மிகப்பெரிய சாட்சியத்தை இழந்துள்ளது .

இன்றைய காலகட்டத்தில் அம்மையாரின் இழப்பு தமிழ் மக்களுக்கு இன்னொரு பேரிழப்பாகும்.

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள்.

மேரிகொல்வின் அவர்கள் மிகத்துணிச்சலான பத்திரிகையாளர். ஈழத்தமிழர் விடுதலைப்போராட்டத்தில் இவரின் பங்களிப்பு --

' காலத்தினால் செய்த நன்றி' -- மிகப்பெரியது. அவருக்கு தலைவணங்கி எனது ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்களைத் தெரிவிக்கிறேன்.

Veteran war correspondent Marie Colvin killed in Syria

சிறிலங்காவின் போர்க்குற்றங்களின் சாட்சியான ஊடகவியலாளர் மேரி கொல்வின் சிரியாவில் படுகொலை [ புதன்கிழமை, 22 பெப்ரவரி 2012, 12:58 GMT ] [ கார்வண்ணன் ]

marie-covin.jpgசிறிலங்கா படைகளின் போர்க்குற்றங்களுக்கு சாட்சியாக இருந்தவரும், போரின் இறுதிக்கட்டத்தில் சரணடைய முன்வந்த விடுதலைப் புலிகளின் தலைவர்களுக்கும் அனைத்துலக சமூகத்துக்கும் இடையில் தொடர்பாளராக செயற்பட்டவருமான லண்டன் சண்டேரைம்ஸ் ஊடகவியலாளர் மேரி கொல்வின் சிரியாவில் படுகொலை செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளார்.

ஹோம்ஸ் நகரில் அவர் தங்கியிருந்த வீட்டின் மீது நடத்தப்பட்ட எறிகணைத் தாக்குதலிலேயே ஊடகவியலாளர் மேரி கொல்வினும், பிரெஞ்சு படப்பிடிப்பாளரும் கொல்லப்பட்டுள்ளனர்.

மூன்றாம்கட்ட ஈழப்போரின் இறுதிப்பகுதியில்- 2001 ஏப்ரல் மாதம் வன்னிப் பகுதி நிலவரங்கள் குறித்து செய்தி சேகரிக்கச் சென்றிருந்த மேரி கொல்வின், வவுனியாவில் முன்னரங்க நிலையைக் கடக்க முயன்றபோது, சிறிலங்கா இராணுவத்தின் துப்பாக்கிச் சூட்டில் படுகாயமடைந்து ஒரு கண்ணை இழந்திருந்தார்.

போரின் இறுதிக்கட்டத்தில் சரணடைய முன்வந்த விடுதலைப் புலிகளின் அரசியல்துறைப் பொறுப்பாளர் பா.நடேசன் உள்ளிட்டோருடன் இவர் இறுதிவரை தொடர்பில் இருந்தவர் என்பதுடன் அதுபற்றிய உண்மைகளையும் வெளிப்படுத்தியிரந்தார் என்பதும் குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

http://www.puthinappalakai.com/view.php?20120222105641

அமெரிக்க அம்மையாரின் இறுதிப்படங்களில் ஒன்று

Marie-Colvin-in-Tahrir-Sq-007.jpg

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

ஈழத்தமிழனுக்கு சாதகமான.... சாட்சியை, ஒரு கண்ணுடன் கூட இவ்வுலகில் வாழ வைக்க.. கடவுளுக்கு மனமில்லை.

அம்மையாருக்கு, ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள். தமிழர்களுக்கு உதவியது போலவே, சிரியாவில் கொடூர தாக்குதலில் சிக்கித் தவிக்கும் சிவிலியன்களின் துன்பத்தை வெளிக்கொணரும் பணியில் ஈடுபட்ட வேளையில் கொல்லப் பட்டிருக்கிறார். இவர் போன்ற ஆளுமைகளின் மரணங்கள் சிரியக் கொடுங்கோலாட்சிக்கு விரைவான முடிவு தரும் என நம்புகிறேன்.

ஒரு ஊடகவியலாளராக தன் கடமையை இறுதிவரை செவ்வனே செய்த வீரப்பெண்மணி மரியா கெல்வின் அம்மையாருக்கு எம் சிரந்தாழ்த்திய அஞ்சலிகள்!

அவர் எம் இனத்துக்கு ஆற்றிய சேவை அளப்பரியது!

• கருத்துக்கள உறுப்பினர்கள்

மகத்துவமான ஊடகப்பணியின் மரணத்திற்கு எனது கண்ணீர் அஞ்சலிகள்!

ஊடகம் என்ற பணியை வியாபாரம் என்று ஒழுகும் தமிழ்நாட்டு உதவாக்கரை ஊடகதர்மம் ஒரு கணமாவது வெட்கப்படுமா?

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

மகத்துவமான ஊடகப்பணியின் மரணத்திற்கு எனது கண்ணீர் அஞ்சலிகள்!

ஊடகம் என்ற பணியை வியாபாரம் என்று ஒழுகும் தமிழ்நாட்டு உதவாக்கரை ஊடகதர்மம் ஒரு கணமாவது வெட்கப்படுமா?

தூதரகம் கொடுத்த மடிக்கணனிகளுக்காக... ஈழத்து போர்ச் செய்திகளை திரித்து வெளியிட்ட, தமிழ்நாட்டுடன் ஒப்பிட்ட போது... ஒருகணம் ஆடிப்போய் விட்டேன்.

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

வீரப் பெண்மணிக்கு வீர வணக்கம் ஆத்மா சாந்தியடையட்டும்

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

ஆழ்ந்த அனுதாபங்கள்.

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கல்கள் !!!தமிழினத்தின் மீது சிறிலங்கா அரசினால் கட்டவிழ்து விடப்பட்டுள்ள இனப்படுகொலையின் சாட்சியமாகி உலகுக்கு அறிவித்த ஊடகவியலாளர்.சிறிலங்காவின் குண்டு வீச்சிலே மயிரிழயில் உயிர் தப்பி கண்பார்வையை இழந்தவர்.சிரியாவின் குண்டு வீச்சிலே கொல்லப்பட்டுள்ளார்.சிரிய ஆட்சியாளர்களைப் பயங்கரவாதிகள் என்று சொல்லிய சர்வதேசமே! சிறிலங்காவை ஏன் அரவணத்தாய்.சிறிலங்காவில் வீசப்பட்டதும் குண்டுதான் சிரியாவில் வீசப்பட்டதும் குண்டுதான்.சிறிலங்காவில் குண்டு வீசப்பட்ட போது இறந்திருந்தால் குறோஸ் பயரில் அல்லது புலிகளின் தாக்குதலில் கொல்லப்பட்டார் என்று சிறிலங்கா சொல்வதை மௌனமாக ஏற்றுக் கொண்டிருப்பார்கள்.சிரியாவில் நடத்தப்படுகின்ற மனிதப் படுகொலைகளின் நேரடிச் சாட்சியை இந்த உலகம் இழந்து விட்டது.

Archived