Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

கருத்துக்களம்

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

புலிகளின் சர்வதேச வலையமைப்புக்கு விழுந்த பேரிடியே கே.பியின் கைது அமெரிக்க இராஜாங்கத் திணைக்களம் அறிக்கை

Featured Replies

  • கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

புலிகளின் சர்வதேச வலையமைப்புக்கு விழுந்த பேரிடியே கே.பியின் கைது அமெரிக்க இராஜாங்கத் திணைக்களம் அறிக்கை

வாஷிங்டன், ஓகஸ்ட் 07

விடுதலைப் புலிகள் இயக்கத்தின் சர்வதேச இணைப்பாளர் குமரன் பத்மநாதன் எனப் படும் கே.பி. இலங்கை அரசால் கைதுசெய்யப்பட்டமை புலிகளின் சர்வதேச வலைய மைப்புக்கு விழுந்த பேரிடி என அமெரிக்க இராஜாங்க திணைக்களத்தின் அறிக்கை ஒன்றில் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

2009 ஆண்டில் இடம்பெற்ற தீவிரவாத நடவடிக்கைகள் தொடர்பான அறிக்கை யொன்றை அமெரிக்க இராஜாங்க திணைக்களம் நேற்று அமெரிக்க காங்கிர ஸிடம் கையளித்தது. அந்த அறிக்கையி லேயே மேற்கண்டவாறு தெரிவிக்கப்பட் டுள்ளது.

வட அமெரிக்கா, ஐரோப்பா மற்றும் ஆஸ்திரேலியா போன்ற நாடுகளில் வசிக் கும் புலம்பெயர் தமிழர்களிடமிருந்து புலிகளின் சர்வதேச வலையமைப்பு நிதி சேகரித்து வரும் நடவடிக்கைகளைத் தொடர்வதாகவும் அந்த அறிக்கையில் சுட்டிக்காட்டப்பட்டுள்ளது.

புலிகள் அமைப்புக்கு ஆதரவளித்த இலங்கையர்களிடமிருந்து இந்த நிதி சேகரிக்கப்படுவதாகவும், அதற்காக அவர்

கள் அச்சுறுத்தப்படுவதாகவும் அறிக்கை யில் தெரிவிக்கப்பட்டுள்ளது.

அத்துடன், சில தமிழர் அமைப்புகளும் இந்த நிதி சேகரிப்புக்காக உதவி வந்துள் ளன என்று அறிக்கை கூறுகிறது.

கடந்த மே மாதம் 18ஆம் திகதி யுத்தம் முடிவுக்குக் கொண்டுவரப்பட்டதாக இலங்கை அரசு அறிவித்தபோதும், இறு திக்கட்ட யுத்த நடவடிக்கைகளின்போது இரு தரப்பிலும் பாரியளவிலான சேதங்கள் ஏற்பட்டதாகக் குறித்த அமெரிக்க இரா ஜாங்க திணைக்கள அறிக்கையில் மேலும் குறிப்பிடப்பட்டுள்ளது.

நன்றி - உதயன்

Attached is the letter to Sec Clinton, signed by 57 Congresspersons..

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100810/usa/srilanka_unrest_warcrimes_us_diplomacy

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A group of US lawmakers is urging the Obama administration to push for an independent international investigation into alleged war crimes that occurred during Sri Lanka's civil war.

In a letter to US Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, the members of Congress called for such a probe saying panels set up by the Sri Lankan government to probe the allegations "lacked the needed credibility."

These panels have "also delayed criminal investigations and in several instances members of these commissions have resigned in protest at the government's interference," the letter said, citing Amnesty International.

The letter dated August 9 and obtained Tuesday was signed by some 57 members of the US House of Representatives.

"There is mounting evidence that suggests both parties in the conflict committed severe human rights violations during the conflict," it said.

In May last year, capping a four-decade civil war, Sri Lankan government troops finally defeated the separatist Liberation Tigers of Tamil Ealam.

"We urge you to call for a robust and independent international investigation that would finally clarify the events that occurred during the conflict and provide the foundation for a sustainable peace in Sri Lanka," the letter said.

Sri Lanka has rejected a United Nations probe into alleged rights abuses during the final stages of the war.

The UN has previously reported that at least 7,000 ethnic Tamil civilians were killed in the last four months of fighting before government troops finally defeated the Tigers in May.

Sri Lanka says that no civilians were killed while battling the rebels and that it would not allow the UN or any other independent body to probe war crimes allegations.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.