Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

கருத்துக்களம்

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

சனல் நாலும் புலம்பெயர் சிங்களவரும்

Featured Replies

Demo planned in London against Channel 4

July 2, 2011, 7:13 pm

By Sujeeva Nivunhella

in London

A demonstration has been planned opposite the Channel 4 Television station in London on Sunday, July 17 from 1 pm to 5 pm against the documentary "Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields" .

This protest has been organized by the ‘Sri Lankans in the UK’. One of the organizers said that the Channel 4 is carrying out a biased, malicious campaign against Sri Lanka and it is time for all Sri Lankans to unite to show solidarity.

He said that there are a large number of Sinhalese, Tamils, Muslims and Burghers have volunteered to attend this protest.

The Sunday Island learns that the television regulator Ofcom is planning to investigate the programme as there were a large number of complaints the documentary was one-sided.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=29262

  • தொடங்கியவர்

Sri Lanka attempts to stop ABC from airing Channel-4 video

[TamilNet, Sunday, 03 July 2011, 13:31 GMT]

Sri Lanka Government run weekly, Sunday Observer, said the current edition that Sri Lanka’s High Commission in Australia has sent a letter of protest to ABC’s Australia Broadcasting Corporation's] Four Corners Program requesting "to avoid telecasting the documentary [Channel-4's "Sri Lanka's Killing Fields"] as it is completely biased and contains unsubstantiated allegations against the Government of Sri Lanka."

The program is scheduled for telecast on ABC Monday.

Acting High Commissioner Shashikala Premawardena, who also had a telephone conversation with ABC's Executive Producer Sue Spencer, had urged the ABC not to give any coverage to the video as the views expressed in the documentary were without any guarantee of authenticity, the paper said.

"The footage screened by Channel 4 last night ranks among the most horrific yet shown on British television. Naked prisoners shot in the head; the dead bodies of women who had been raped, dumped on a truck; the immediate aftermath of a shell landing on a hospital – images caught on mobile phones of the atrocities committed by government soldiers in the final months of Sri Lanka's brutal civil war," UK's popular daily The Guardian commented on the video.

Amnesty International said of the authenticity of the vide in its website, "Amnesty International considers the previous and new mobile phone videos to be credible evidence of war crimes. The United Nations’ Special Rapporteur on Extrajudicial, Summary or Arbitrary Executions has also concluded that the video is authentic."

http://www.tamilnet.com/art.html?catid=13&artid=34137

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.