கொலைபாதக சிங்கள அணியை எதிர்க்க சிட்னித் தமிழர்களுக்கு அழைப்பு!

தமிழர்களைக் கொன்றொளித்த சிங்கள இனவாத அரசாங்கத்தின் அரக்கத்தனங்களை மறைக்க அல்லும் பகலும் உழைக்கும் சிறிலங்கா கிரிக்கற் அணிக்கெதிரான போராட்டத்துக்கு சிட்னித் தமிழர்களை அணிதிரளுமாறு அறைகூவல் விடப்பட்டுள்ளது.

எதிர்வரும் 3ந்திகதி (03-01-2013) சிட்னியில் நடைபெற உள்ள மூன்றாவது*  டெஸ்ட்டின் தொடக்க நாளில் காலை 9.30 மணியளவில் தமிழ் இளையோர் அமைப்பும் Refugee Action Coalition அமைப்பும் எதிர்ப்பு ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் ஒன்றை ஒழுங்குபடுத்தியுள்ளனர். இவ் ஆர்ப்பாட்டத்தில் பெருந்திரளான மக்களைக் கலந்துகொள்ளுமாறு ஏற்பாட்டாளர்கள் கேட்டுக்கொண்டுள்ளனர்.

இடம் :சிட்னி கிரிக்கட் மைதானம் gate 6 க்கு அருகாமை

காலம்: 03-01-2013 காலை 9.30

* இரண்டாவது என தவறாக இடம்பெற்றிருந்தது திருத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது. சுட்டிக்காட்டியமைக்கு நன்றி கந்தப்பு.

576302_290323497736694_1521723802_n.jpg

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

Sri Lankan Government uses its Cricket team to create a positive image for itself whilst ignoring the demand of the International Community to conduct an independent review on War Crimes.

Some say sports has no room for politics... but when sports are used for political gain for one side, should the other side remain silent?  we think not.

TYO Statement

Join us in showing your support -

Opposite the Sydney Cricket Grounds,

Corner of Moor Park Road & Driver Avenue

from 9:30 am to 11:30 am

on Thursday January 3rd 2013.

Cricket2013__A.jpg

Cricket2013__B.jpg

---

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

தமிழ் லீடரில் வந்த செய்தியில் சிறுதிருத்தம். இப்போட்டி 2வது டெஸ்ட் அல்ல. 3வது போட்டியாகும்.

சிட்னி ரெஸ்ட் போட்டியன்றும் தமிழர்கள் எதிர்ப்பில்

2736117121807092195p2-300x201.jpgஇலங்கை அவுஸ்திரேலிய அணிகளுக்கு இடையிலான மூன்றாவது கிரிக்கட் ரெஸ்ட் போட்டி நடைபெறவுள்ள சிட்னி கிரிக்கட் மைதானத்தின் வெளிப்பகுதியில் தமிழர்கள் ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நடத்தவுள்ளனர். இந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நாளை (03) ஆரம்பமாகவுள்ளது. இலங்கையில் போர்க்குற்றங்கள் இடம்பெற்ற போதும் அதனை விசாரணை செய்ய சுயாதீன பொறிமுறை தேவை என்று வலியுறுத்தியே இந்த ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் நடாத்தப்படவுள்ளது.

இதனை அவுஸ்திரேலிய தமிழ் இளைஞர் சங்கம், ஏற்பாடு செய்துள்ளது.

இலங்கையுடனான விளையாட்டு சுற்றுலாக்களை எதிர்காலத்தில் நிறுத்தி வைக்குமாறு இந்தப் போராட்டத்தின் போது தாம் கோரவுள்ளதாக அவுஸ்திரேலிய தமிழ் இளைஞர் அமைப்பின் பேச்சாளர் கார்த்தீபன் அருள் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

இதேவேளை இலங்கையில் இருந்து தப்பிவரும் தமிழ் அகதிகள் விடயத்தில் அவுஸ்திரேலிய நியாயமான கொள்கையை கடைபிடிக்க வேண்டும என்றும் அருள் கோரிக்கை விடுத்தார்.

மூலம்/ஆக்கம் : இணையத்தள செய்தி

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

Tamils plan to protest at SCG Test

Tamil protesters and their supporters plan rally outside the Sydney Cricket Ground, calling for the Sri Lankan cricket team to be barred from world competition.

The Boycott Sri Lankan Cricket Campaign (BSLCC) expects protesters to converge at 9.30am (AEDT) on Thursday, the first day of the third Test between Australia and Sri Lanka.

The Tamil Youth Organisation said in a statement on Wednesday the protest was to highlight the persecution of Tamils by the Sri Lankan government.

Spokesman Kartheeban Arul said protesters want the Australian government and Cricket Australia to halt all future tours and matches involving Sri Lanka.

Mr Arul said a ban should remain until the Sri Lankan government agreed to a United Nations demand for an independent inquiry into war crimes during the nation's civil war and until it stops persecuting Tamils.

"We also demand that the Australian government end its inhumane and illegal treatment of Tamils who are fleeing persecution and seeking asylum in Australia," he said.

The close connections between the Sri Lankan government and the cricket team justified bringing politics into sport, Mr Arul said.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/01/02/08/00/tamil-protest-planned-at-scg-test

530334_10151398271590746_1960752932_n.jp

அகதி கோரிக்கை வேண்டாதீர்கள் என அவுஸ் பிரதமர் கேட்டிருப்பார்  :D

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

Tamils call for Sri Lanka boycott
Ethnic Tamils protested outside the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday demanding Australia boycott Sri Lankan cricket over Colombo's human rights abuses during the civil war.

Human rights groups estimate that 40,000 civilians perished in the final months of the government campaign against Tamil Tiger rebels that ended in 2009 and have accused Sri Lanka of suppressing dissent in the aftermath.

A small group of Tamils and refugee activists demonstrated and called on Cricket Australia to boycott the Sri Lankan team, likening the situation to apartheid South Africa.

Sri Lanka are currently playing the third and final match of their three-Test series against Australia, in which they trail 2-0, with a series of one-day internationals and two Twenty20 matches to follow.

"As with the South African apartheid regime, Sri Lanka deserves a boycott of cricket tours and other sporting teams," said refugee activist Nick Riemer.

"Sri Lanka President (Mahinda) Rajapakse uses the country's cricket team to promote his dictatorial regime, being constantly photographed with the players and naming Colombo's new cricket stadium after himself," said Riemer of the Refugee Action Coalition.

"The Rajapakse regime is a ruthless dictatorship that deserves to be isolated by the international community."

The protesters also called for Canberra to stop deporting Tamils and other Sri Lankan asylum-seekers back home to face what they said was jailing and possible torture.

Australia has sent more than 500 Sri Lankan men back to Colombo involuntarily since August, deeming them economic migrants under a new crackdown on refugees arriving by boat.

Cricket Australia said the 50-strong group of demonstrators had been allowed to hand out leaflets to "make their case" and described cricket as a unifying rather than dividing force.

"Historically, cricket has been a game that brings nations together rather than stands them apart," a CA spokesman told AFP.

"The majority of Sri Lankans we speak to want to come to the cricket and see their team do well."

http://tensport.com.au/news/newsarticles/-Tamils-call-for-Sri-Lanka-boycott.htm

• கருத்துக்கள உறவுகள்

Sri Lankan protesters find the cricket world gets spooky

Trevor Grant

Tamils who demonstrate against the regime are being watched.

As a journalist for 43 years in the jockstrap departments of The Age and the Herald Sun, I was rarely in touch with the realities of the world beyond the dressing room and press box.

About the only time in my sports writing career that I was ever spooked was at VFL Park, Waverley, when a naked Carl Ditterich, the then-balding, one-time blond bombshell of VFL football, chased me out of the Melbourne dressing room, shouting my name in a rather uncomplimentary manner.

But it was nothing compared with what happened last week in Sydney when I was part of a rally to protest against the Sri Lankan cricket team, which, I believe, is used to launder the blood-stained image of the Rajapaksa regime in Sri Lanka.

As I was peacefully going about my business, handing out leaflets to the crowd on the opening day of the Test match, I noticed a small, thin man of Sri Lankan or Indian appearance dressed in a dark suit, blue shirt and dark sunglasses, taking photographs of me.

I was curious because it was obvious he wasn't a press photographer. Not only because he was dressed so neatly, but because when I moved towards him, he ran away and tried to hide behind a large Moreton Bay fig tree in the park adjacent the Sydney Cricket Ground.

He then started taking very detailed, close-up shots of the words on placards that had been spread along the edges of the park. When I came towards him again, he raced away to his hiding spot, where I watched him skulk around in the shadows with another tall, well-built, bald man, also dressed in a dark suit and dark sunglasses.

A third man dressed in dark suit and tie also appeared, taking shots of us with an expensive-looking camera.

My Australian-Tamil friend, Kartheeban Arul, from the Sydney branch of the Tamil Youth Organisation, tells me that this is a regular occurrence whenever Tamils attend a protest in Australia that is directed at the Sri Lankan government. He says the Tamil community is convinced these men work for the Sri Lankan embassy. Their job is to provide identification of Tamil protesters, which is used by government security agents to harass friends and relatives back in Sri Lanka.

It was the second time in as many protests that I saw this stalking and intimidation.

When I started out on this new journey, I wasn't prepared to believe that I would become a target for the intelligence branch of a foreign government. It is spooky to know that a government that has been accused of horrific crimes against its own people, including the murder and disappearance of 39 journalists in the past eight years, now has me in their sights.

A few days after I wrote an opinion piece in this newspaper last month, a column that argued for a boycott of the Sri Lankan cricket team by the Australian government and Cricket Australia, a man claiming to be a ''concerned citizen'' rang me on my mobile phone.

He said I had grossly misrepresented Sri Lanka and the government treatment of the Tamils. He said it was obvious I was being seduced by terrorists. He wanted to meet me to explain the error of my ways.

I met him for a coffee and he spoke at length to me about the wonderful place Sri Lanka had become since President Rajapaksa had killed off the Tamil Tigers (LTTE) and ended the civil war. He offered to arrange a trip for me to see all this peace and serenity for myself.

He seemed more knowledgeable about the Sri Lankan government than the average ''concerned citizen''. I didn't have to guess any more about his links when he produced from a wad of papers a document headed: ''English translation of the document recovered from a LTTE hideout in Wanni by security forces during humanitarian operations''.

It purported to be a document showing that a prominent Tamil activist in Australia was a member of the Tamil Tigers. I have spoken to the person whose full personal details are contained in the document. The person claims it is a fraud.

This world of spooks is something I thought was exaggerated by media influenced by too many James Bond movies. Now I know it is reality, and I wonder why our government allows it.

I recently sent a letter to Foreign Minister Bob Carr asking whether he thought it was appropriate for officials from a foreign embassy to photograph Australian citizens in this manner, and other questions.

Until I get some answers I will believe that life beyond the uncomplicated world of sport is too spooky by half.

Trevor Grant is a former chief cricket writer at The Age, and now works with Boycott Sri Lanka Cricket Campaign and Refugee Action Collective.

Sri Lankan protesters find the cricket world gets spooky

Trevor Grant

Tamils who demonstrate against the regime are being watched.

Trevor Grant is a former chief cricket writer at The Age, and now works with Boycott Sri Lanka Cricket Campaign and Refugee Action Collective.

சிங்கள தேசத்தின் மனித உரிமை மீறல்களை வெளிக்கொண்டுவந்த ஊடகவியலாளருக்கு நன்றிகள்.

Archived