Jump to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

கருத்துக்களம்

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ஜி.எஸ்.பி. வரி சலுகை ஆகஸ்ட் மாதம் முற்றாக நி|றுத்தம்

Featured Replies

ஜி.எஸ்.பி. பிளஸ்' வரிச் சலு கையை ஓகஸ்ட் 15ஆம் திகதி முதல் நிறுத்துவது என ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியம் தீர்மானித்துள்ளது என கொழும்பிலுள்ள அதன் தூதுவர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

இலங்கைக்கு மேலதிக கால நீடிப்பு வழங்கப்படமாட்டாது. இலங்கை சர்வதேச பொறுப்புகளை நிறைவேற்ற வேண்டும். ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியம் முன்வைத்த 15 நிபந்தனைகள் குறித்து இலங்கை கவனம் செலுத்தும் என எதிர்பார்க்கப்பட்டது. ஆனால் இலங்கை அதனை நிராகரித்துவிட்டது என்றும் அவர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

மஹிந்த ராஜபக்ஷ தலைமையில் கடந்த 24 ஆம் திகதி வியாழக்கிழமை கூடிய அமைச்சரவைக் கூட்டத்தில் ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியத்தின் நிபந்தனைகளை முற்றாக நிராகரிப்பது என முடிவு எடுக்கப்பட்டது. இதேவேளை, வெளிவிவகார அமைச்சர் ஜி.எல்.பீரிஸ் ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியத்தின் நிபந்தனைகளை ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளப்போவதில்லை என செய்தியாளர் மாநாடொன்றில் தெரிவித்திருந்தமை குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

இதேவேளை, அமைச்சரவை முடிவுகளை வெளியிடும் செய்தியாளர் மாநாட்டில் அமைச்சரவைப் பேச்சாளர் அமைச்சர் கெஹலிய ரம்புக்வெலவும் ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியத்தின் நிபந்தனைகளை இலங்கை ஒருபோதும் ஏற்றுக்கொள்ளாது எனத் திட்டவட்டமாகத் கூறியுள்ளார்.

ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியம் வழங்கிய "ஜி.எஸ்.பி. பிளஸ்' வரிச்சலுகை மூலம் இலங்கை தயாரித்த ஆடைகள் உட்பட 3,400 வகையான பொருள்கள் ஏற்றுமதி வரி இன்றி ஐரோப்பிய நாடுகளுக்கு ஏற்றுமதி செய்யப்பட்டு வந்தமை குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது. அதனால் இலங்கைப் பொருள்களை ஐரோப்பிய நாடுகளில் குறைந்த விலைக்கு விற்பனை செய்யக்கூடியதாக இருந்தது. என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

ஈழநாதம்

சீனா ....இந்தியா........... யாமிருக்க பயம் ஏன்?..மகிந்தா மாத்தையா

Lanka firm on EU stand By Jamila Najmuddin

The Sri Lankan government maintains it will not formally respond to the EU letter sent last week with a set of conditions to obtain GSP plus, despite the deadline to respond looming and the EU saying it was awaiting an official reply.

External Affairs Minister G.L Peiris told reporters last week that he will not respond to the EU letter and Ministry sources told Daily Mirror online the government remains firm on that stand and will not even send a formal letter to the EU rejecting the set of conditions.

"The government is firm that it will not even send a formal letter to the EU as a rejection or any sort of response to the EU. There will not be any communication with the EU on this matter," a top official at the External Affairs Ministry told Daily Mirror online.

EU High Representative/Vice-President Catherine Ashton and Commissioner De Gucht invited the Government of Sri Lanka to respond to the concerns by 1st of July and give a written commitment to implement some recommendations in order to obtain a temporary extension of the GSP for the country which ends in August this year.

Minister G.L Peiris, who is authorized to respond to the letter, is due to fly to Ukraine on Tuesday with President Mahinda Rajapaksa on an official visit, just two days before the deadline to respond to the EU letter expires.

The Brussels based European Commission press officer for Trade Marie Antonie Kerwien had told Daily Mirror online over the weekend that so far, the government of Sri Lanka has made its views known only to the media and so the EU would therefore prefer to recieve the official answer of Sri Lanka before communicating its next step.

However the press officer noted that the European Commission remains committed to support Sri Lanka in its efforts to tackle the challenges it faces in terms of human rights, reconstruction and reconciliation and if Sri Lanka so wishes, is ready to continue the dialogue on the necessary steps to bring the country into compliance with the relevant international conventions and to become again eligible for GSP+ benefits in the future. (Daily Mirror online)

The 15 conditions laid down by the EC are:-

(1) 17th Amendment to be implemented immediately.

(2) The 2005 Emergency Regulations to be repealed.

(3) Prevention of Terrorism Act to be abolished.

(4) Repeal section 8 and 9 of Public Security Act

(5) Amend the Code of Criminal Procedure for a suspect to see a lawyer immediately following his arrest.

(6) Permit individuals to submit complaints to the UN Human Rights Committee and to the UN Committee against Torture.

(7) Steps to implement outstanding opinions of the UN Human Rights Committee in individual cases.

(8) Reduction of the number of derogations to the ICCPR.

(9) Extension of invitations for UN special procedures officials to visit Sri Lanka.

(10) Responses pending before the UN working group on enforced disappearances.

(11) Publication of the final report of the 2008 Commission of Inquiry.

(12) Making available the names of former LTTE combatants currently held in detention as well as all others held under the emergency regulations and to release them or bring them to trial.

(13) Granting access to all places of detention to independent humanitarian organisations, such as the ICRC.

(14) Adoption of the National Human Rights Action Plan by Parliament and immediate implementation.

(15) Ensure Journalists exercise professional duties without harassment.

இந்திய இனப்படுகொலையாளர் துணை இருக்கையில் சிங்களப் பயங்கரவாதிகள் ஐரோப்பிய ஒன்றியத்தின் GSP+, மன்மோகனின் 13+ எல்லாவற்றையும் சமாளிக்க முடியும் என நம்புகிறார்கள்?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.